Home gyms are all the rage now. There was a time when star kids were the ones who were able to afford gyms at home. But with online sellers selling affordable home gym equipment, anyone can set up a fully functional gym at home. You can set up a gym in the guest room or the garage if you want to. All you need is a few pieces of equipment to see you through.
Advantages of Having a Home Gym
There are undoubtedly a lot of advantages of having a home gym. Surveys have found that we waste a lot of time travelling to places outside our home, such as the workplace, the gym, and the mall. However, cutting down on our travel time can save a lot of time. A home gym can help us save time. There are other benefits as well. Gym memberships can be expensive. Typically, gyms charge on an annual basis. Therefore, a standard gym membership can cost anywhere between INR 25,000 to INR 35,000. Finally, the timings of the gym are also inconvenient. If you are a man, then you are debarred from visiting the gym during women hours. On the other hand, unisex times, such as the morning and the evening hours are usually rush hours. Finally, given the fact that the Covid situation is still not under control, it is safer to have a gym at home, where you can work out in your free time.
Tips for Investing in a Home Gym
There are a couple of things to remember if you want to invest in a home gym
- Decide on the space first. It should be quiet and isolated, where you can work out in peace without much disturbance.
- Buy only the pieces of equipment that you need. Those that offer multiple functions are typically a better bet than others. In this way, you would be able to save money while having a wholesome training session.
- Concentrate on major muscle groups, such as back, chest, legs etc. They are large muscle groups. Training them will give you overall fitness.
- Go for adjustable dumbbells or barbells. They come in various weights and can be adjusted according to your preference. Doing so will not only save you a lot of money but will give you the option of doing a lot of exercise.
- Invest in pieces of equipment that are portable and easy to carry. In this way, you would be able to take them with you, wherever you go. Equipment such as resistance bands, medicine balls etc, are easy to carry. They are also very cheap and offer you value for money.
- For a professional setup, you can also go for circuit machines for chest presses, squats, rows and pull-ups and pull-downs. In this way, you would be able to have a professional-looking gym in no time.
Conclusion Gym equipment for home makes perfect sense during a pandemic. You can work out from the comfort of your own home without needing to move out. You can also save a ton of money and save time that you can spend with your family. In short. It is worth investing in home gym equipment.